You are not a freak.
You are not broken.
Many of my clients feel like there is something wrong with them that they just can't quite put their finger on. As if they have some parts of themselves that are lost or unacceptable...even like looking in from the outside, never really feeling like they belong.
Do you relate?
For those of us who are sensitive and intuitive, we have to get serious about getting free from this disconnect.
We have to become freaks about emotional freedom! FREEKS!
Here's a few ways you can start getting freeky today!
1. Make self-love your top priority. Not selfishness or vanity, those things are fear-based. Sort through life and find all the ways you put yourself down, drag yourself down, keep yourself down, then make an effort to support yourself in those areas. Talk lovingly to yourself.
2. Remember who you are. Remember yourself as an infant. You accepted yourself and everyone without judgement because you knew you were good.
3. Attune (or listen and pay attention closely) to your state of being. Pay special attention to yourself. Then respond accordingly and make adjustments. Take care of yourself as if you are caring for a young child or a sick patient. Gentle and easy.
4. Meditate every day and listen for your wise self. Ask "what is it that I need to know right now?"
5. Honor all the parts of yourself. (To the more challenging parts, ask "why are you here now?" and "what do you need?"
6. Move at the pace of unconditional love. Act as if you have enough (time, money, good looks, friends, etc).
7. Look into your reflection every day and declare in no uncertain terms a declaration of unconditional love for yourself in the exact state you're in. No matter how dire. No matter how dreary.
8. Feeling good is your treasure map to healthy thinking. Only choose thoughts and actions that feel good in the long run.
9. Flirt with yourself and others, you saucy vixen. Leave others feeling better than you found them.
10. Practice emotional hygiene. Feel your feelings in real time. Reach out to friends.
11. Take an inventory every morning and every night. Go over your behaviors and interactions. Keep an eye out for things like resentments, impulsive actions, selfishness, blame, judgement and criticism. Those are clues to places that need some tending and care.
12. Honor all your emotions. Give feelings a set time in your day. Even just 5 minutes of writing or venting can give your heart center stage long enough to regain some clarity.
13. Accept that resentments are understandable but also OPTIONAL. Resentments are junk food thoughts and for many of us they are poison.
14. Go at the pace of radical self-responsibility. Make it your job to have a good life. As soon as negative thoughts pop up, step aside into a self-care practice. Even if it's 20 times a day.
15. Take more naps and breaks.
16. Learn how to communicate your needs non-violently.
17. Imagine your mind as a garden and plant healthy seeds. Be patient as they grow. Don't begrudge the weeds, you planted those too, and you can choose to pluck them out.
18. When you get sick, it's time to really listen to your body and your heart. It's your chance to surrender and resr. Not time to try even harder.
19. Listen to others without controlling or fixing them. Feel the difference in your body. Tell yourself "I'm excited to see how they sort this out and what solutions they find". Offer only kindness.
20. Allow your reality to be good enough. Love your reality for what it is.
21. Create space for mistakes.
22. Trust your mistakes as guidance.
23. Accept that life is a mirror and take radical self-responsibility for every single thing that happens in your personal life. If you are not the problem then there is no solution.
24. Create a sacred room in your mind for all the deeds and misdeeds of others. Put in charge of the room a kindly caregiver. When someone does something you dislike, let it go and imagine them being placed in that room where they will begin understanding all they need to know. Allow your body to experience the felt sense of letting go, knowing that the right outcome will occur.
25. Just say thank you when someone gives you a gift.
26. Notice how every day you win the lottery of evolution and give thanks. (you exist! the sun came up again! space is expanding eternally and you exist! how good is that!?)
27. Only say "could" instead of "should". When "should" comes up, get curious about the deeper need you have.
28. Create a sacred room in yourself for you and all the parts of yourself. When you feel needy and alone, imagine yourself in that room, being tended to and waited on. Imagine all the luxury and healing and goodness you can imagine. Allow your body to experience the felt sense of being held and cared for.
29. Play an instrument everyday. or ride your bike. or walk. or write. or get lost in some kind of creative trance.
30. Everything is trial and error. Practice. Practice. Practice!
Wanna get "freeky" with me? I'm in! Let's work together. We can wave that freek flag of freedom over all your disabling old beliefs and thoughts. I meet my clients where they are and I offer hope to transform all the places that feel too freaky to face alone.